The most important tips to avoid wasting your company’s time and money:
- Make sure the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is UL, cUL or CE approved/certified to operate reliably in industrial temperatures: -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C). For extreme temperature applications, -22°F to 149°F.
- Make sure it’s an industrial online UPS. There are three basic types: standby, line-interactive and online. Some ‘industrial’ UPS are line-interactive. They can be effective in non-critical applications, but cannot in many others. To learn the basics, read UPS Comparison guide.
- Make sure the manufacturer has the technical knowledge and team availability to assist you buying the right UPS (size, type, required features/modifications) for your specific application.
We have several case studies in our blogs on users’ experiences when the wrong vs correct UPS solution was purchased and implemented.
- ITS / Tollway application: Intelligent Traffic System (ITS) Customer Switches to Falcon’s Outdoor UPS
- Wastewater application: Florida City Water Dept. Solves Power Problems with Falcon’s SSG Industrial UPS
- Energy application: Major Oil Company Installs Falcon’s Outdoor and Industrial UPS
For Falcon Electric SSG and SSG-RP Industrial and Outdoor NEMA 3R Solutions, go to https://www.falconups.com/industrial_ups.htm
For assistance with an application or to answer questions, our dedicated technical support team is available by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out our (confidential) product request form, or call 800-842-6940.