FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information Contact:
- Falcon Electric, Inc.
- Ron Seredian, Vice President Marketing
Falcon Wins Oil & Gas Engineering 2018 Product of the Year Finalist Award
SSG Industrial UPS with LiFePO4 Battery Takes Honors in the IIoT/Process Control Category
IRWINDALE, Calif. – October 2, 2018 – Falcon Electric, Inc., a leader in online UPS and backup of mission-critical applications, announces that its SSG Industrial Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) with long-life Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery won finalist in the highly respected 2018 Product of the Year award competition by the judges of Oil & Gas Engineering magazine. The publication’s Product of the Year (POY) program is the premier award for new products in the oil and gas industry.
Receiving honors in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Process Control categories, Falcon’s wide-temperature 1.5 to 3kVA rackmount UPS models set a higher standard in quality and reliability not found in other power protection solutions.
The magazine’s subscribers can vote online for the winner at the Oil & Gas Engineering website. Voting closes on November 9, 2018, and winners of Gold, Silver and Bronze awards in each category will be notified in December 2018.
Mission Critical Control Systems Require Dependable Power
The SSG UPS models with user-replaceable LiFePO4 battery are designed to protect oil and gas applications such as IoT/IIoT, process control and other power-sensitive systems against the damaging effects of unstable electrical power and blackouts.
The SSG with the LiFePO4 battery offers many advantages including:
- Long service life – more than 10 years; only 4 to 5 years for lead-acid batteries
- Long battery runtimes – typically 3 times longer than lead-acid batteries
- Very lightweight – each battery pack weights 44% less than lead-acid equivalent
- Wide-temperature range – tolerates wide temperatures from -20°C to 55°C
- Advanced safety – no thermal runaway issues that are inherent in Lithium-ion chemistry
- Lower lifetime costs – 75 percent less than lead-acid batteries
- Eco-friendly – Falcon’s LiFePO4 battery is safe for the environment. It has no caustic materials or dangerous odors.
Shipping now, the new models feature a two-year warranty and current SSG UPS customers can easily replace their lead-acid battery with the new LiFePO4 battery.
About Falcon Electric
Headquartered in Irwindale, Calif., Falcon Electric, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of award-winning online UPSs, frequency converters and ac voltage regulators. Founded 30 years ago, Falcon is a recognized authority in industrial, wide-temperature and military COTS UPS systems. Falcon is dedicated to offering the latest technology, superior engineering standards and strong technical support to ensure complete customer satisfaction. For more information about Falcon Electric and its innovative products, visit www.FalconUPS.com.